Thursday, October 24, 2019

Countdown to Colectomy: One Week

Countdown to Colectomy πŸ”ͺ: Random thoughts πŸ’­ floating around in my head this evening:

One week from now I’ll be going to sleep πŸ›Œwithout a large intestine for the first time. As I lay here tonight with waves of bloaty crampy gassy abdominal pain ⚡️, kicking myself for every food decision I have made in the last couple days, I’m pretty excited for a day when I don’t have to feel like this. 

Yesterday I saw my therapist for the last time before the big day. 🧠 Mental health is important… I originally started seeing her because of the mind games an incurable invisible πŸ‘» illness play with your brain. One thing I learned at therapy yesterday… that just talking winds me and wears me out (I must be getting low on blood), therefore I feel less bad about shirking my work responsibilities! πŸ˜‰ 

Speaking of work, I sneaked into the office one last time today for a quick meeting and to bid adieu to my staff for a few weeks. πŸ“… I let them know not to expect anything further out of me until at least mid-November. Just that little visit made me have less work-guilt as I head toward surgery and recovery. πŸ’» (I do have just a handful of work things left that I want off my list, but they can be accomplished from my couch.) 

I think that’s all of today’s random thoughts πŸ’­. Stay tuned for the next installment of Countdown to Colectomy πŸ”ͺ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment