Monday, October 21, 2019

Countdown to Colectomy = 10 Days

🏥 COLECTOMY COUNTDOWN = 10 DAYS 🏥

1) As excited as I am to ditch my diseased colon, I think the anxiety 😬, er, I mean the reality is starting to settle in. 😢🤯

2) I'm experiencing a lot of abdominal discomforts today... probably my fault, I let my Imodium MS 💊 lapse. I need to continue eating those pills by the handful at regular intervals.

3) Thoughts of my job 👩‍💻 are causing anxiety issues. I think I need to not look at work stuff for a few days, though purposefully neglecting work may give me more anxiety.

4) I keep having thoughts of pizza 🍕. Yet the thought of pizza also makes me a little nauseous.

5) The most productive thing I did today... unmade my bed 🛏, washed my sheets, remade my bed. If you've ever experienced real "medical" fatigue/exhaustion 😴, you'll know this was an effort. I may have taken a nap partway through unmaking my bed. And there may have been a few curled-up-in-a-fetal-position-crying 😭 episodes while making it back up.

6) Nine days from right now I'll be going to bed with a large intestine for the last time. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment