Monday, October 28, 2019

Countdown to Colectomy: 3 Days

Countdown to Colectomy πŸ”ͺ: 3 DAYS! Today’s random thoughts πŸ’­:

Three days! The last 11 days since my initial meeting with the surgeon have flown by!! Just three more days until my Halloween colectomy! πŸŽƒ

Speaking of Halloween and πŸ‘» getting parts removed, do you know how people who have lost a limb can experience phantom pains? Turns out phantom colon/rectum is apparently a thing too… sometimes my butt will think I’ll have to go πŸ’© when it is actually going to be physically impossible! How cool is that? The human body sure is a wacky wild amazing thing!

I think one thing that has made the last 11 days a bit more bearable is that I’ve been keeping a steady stream of πŸ’Š Imodium Multi-System coursing through my body to slow my digestive tract. Days are way more pleasant when you can make it 2-3 hours or more between bathroom trips. Imodium M-S is magical. I recommend it!

I’ve been spending a little time at the family farm. Today I was napping in the living room, and Annie (my sis) and Ellie (4.5-year old niece) were in the kitchen, about to make jack-o-lanterns. I was only half-napping and was hearing Annie teach Ellie about πŸ”ͺ “guttin’ a pumpkin” and “pumpkin guts” and Ellie kept hollering… “ewwww guts”. That’s when I realized that I’d be gutted just like a pumpkin on Halloween. πŸŽƒ LOL. (And then I may have shown her the mark on my belly where they’ll open me up and pull my guts out. LOL.)

Wednesday night I’ll clear my colon out one last time before I get rid of the faulty ol’ plumbing… Dulcolax, Gatorade, Miralax 🍹 … some of you know the drill! But I’ll never have to clean my colon out again!

I think I’m ready. I haven’t freaked out too much yet. And I’ve made a packing list πŸŽ’ of some things to keep me comfortable during my hospital stay… like my own pillow πŸ›Œ. Hospital pillows are the worst. So I think once my colon is empty and my bag is packed, I’ll be ready!

Stay tuned for the next installment of Countdown to Colectomy πŸ”ͺ.

No comments:

Post a Comment