Monday, January 20, 2014

Getting Faster, Next Race, & Weight-Loss!

One of my goals for the year is to get back to my running best, which means I need to complete a 5K in better than 28:30.  I also want to set a PR (personal record) in a 10K (need to beat 64:20)!!  I’ve been putting forth more effort when it comes to training, and last Friday I had an amazing 5K (3.1 mile) run on the treadmill…I beat any recent times by at least 30 seconds.  I’m an interval runner, and I completed Friday’s run in 33:26, an average pace of 10:47/mile.  (I would run 6 minutes at 5.8ish mph, and then walk for 1 minunte at 4 mph, repeating these intervals for 3.1 miles.)  Not sure I ran a 5K that “fast” in all of 2013!

My next race is The Chi-TownBig Game 5K on Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/14) at Soldier Field in Chicago.  Last year was the inaugural event, which I participated in, and it was AWESOME!  The pre- and post- race events were held in the posh United Club in the stadium!!  Taking some family with me this time… the sis, bro-in-law, and maybe even my cousin!

SHAKEOLOGY UPDATE:  I’ve now been replacing at least one meal per day with Shakeology for 7 weeks, and am down 13.5 pounds!  If you’re new here, please scroll back through some of my other recent posts to learn more about me… one key point you’ll find is that I had hit a weight-loss plateau long ago and Shakeology has helped me start losing weight again!

I read or heard somewhere that when your body is getting the nutrients it really needs, that you don’t crave the “bad” stuff (the greasy, sugary, yummy bad stuff).  I’m beginning to think this is true.  The longer I’ve been incorporating Shakeology into my routine, the less I crave those things, which further helps my overall efforts!

For more on my Shakeology experiences, check out the following two recent blog posts:
12/26/13:  -7 Pounds in 3 Weeks
1/6/14:  I'll Give it a 10

If you’re ready to make a positive change in your health and wellness, contact me (there's a contact form on the right side of my blog, or find me on Twitter or Facebook).  We’ll build you a Beachbody Challenge Pack with Shakeology and a fitness program that suits your needs (whether it be the all-new 30-minute workouts of P90X3, Tony Horton’s 10-Minute Trainer, Insanity, T25, or one of many more great workouts)… a complete nutritional and exercise package!  And we can even get you plugged into an online Facebook support group of other like-minded people to help hold you accountable and challenge you to work hard to reach your goals!  (Learn more about the Beachbody Challenge at www.beachbodycoach.com/joangrott.)

No comments:

Post a Comment