Saturday, November 26, 2011

Turkeys & Milk

Walked the orange carpet post-race for a photo-shoot!

Two days later and I think I’m still experiencing a “runner’s high” from the kick-butt job I did in the Valparaiso, Indiana TurkeyTrot 10K (benefitting Porter-Starke Services).  Back on October 30th, I sported my amazing, from-scratch (I’m crafty) Wonder Woman uniform to run the Trick or Treat Trot 10K in Chicago.  The Halloween run was my second-ever 10K, and I finished in about an hour and ten minutes, with a pace of 11:16 per mile. 
Now, just three and a half weeks later, I trimmed SIX minutes off my Halloween time for a Turkey Trot performance of 1:04:20.3, a pace of 10:23/mile!!  That’s a pace I haven’t even been able to maintain on a shorter run lately!  Hopefully, this gives me the confidence boost I needed to start taking my running more seriously again!  And I will be contacting runDisney to update my pace for corralling purposes for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February (when I had initially registered for the Princess, I used my 1:10:56, 11:27 pace from the Sunburst 10K back in June)! 

In other fitness-related news, I’m a finalist for a $250 grant from “Refuel with Chocolate Milk”.  I need your votes EVERY DAY, so please bookmark http://www.refuelwithchocolatemilk.com/grants/vote/ and vote each and every day through December 15th.  If selected as a Team Refuel grant recipient, I will use the funds to help me with costs associated with my first Half Marathon, which is the aforementioned Disney Princess Half in February 2012!  (I had initially thought I’d use it to help defray travel costs, but now I’m beginning to contemplate the purchase of a good GPS watch to help give me some vital stats such as pace, distance, etc. when I’m on those longer runs!  Such a purchase would also be a more long-lasting “souvenir” of the Team Refuel campaign!)

Why is low-fat chocolate milk a great recovery drink?  Read all about it at: http://www.refuelwithchocolatemilk.com/science/

Gotta practice what I preach... stopped for a chocolate milk on my way home from the Turkey Trot!

No comments:

Post a Comment