Wednesday, December 15, 2010

VOTE FOR ME! Polls close on 12/17.

Just over a year ago I was introduced to the AGCO Corporation’s Facebook page through an ad I saw on Facebook that promoted their first-ever holiday photo contest. I went on to win that contest last year, and now I’m in the running again and could use your vote! Wouldn’t you love to take pride in one of your Indiana  neighbors winning a global contest?!  Read on...



AGCO is a company that produces tractors, combines, and other agricultural equipment, with a presence in 140 countries around the world! Some of their brands you may be familiar with are Massey Ferguson, Challenger, and Gleaner combines. For those of you who are into the old stuff, like we are on my family’s farm, AGCO is the parent company of what used to be Allis-Chalmers. AGCO is on the cutting-edge when it comes to engaging their clients and fans through the use of on-line media; this photo contest is just one example.  (Besides Facebook, I like to follow AGCO on Twitter and their blog site too!)

The second annual holiday photo contest provided me an opportunity to “deck the farm” for the Christmas season. I came up with my own theme of “What do you want under your Christmas tree this year?” and I had my dad assist in arranging our AGCO products and then I had him don a Santa hat for the picture! In the picture you’ll see (L to R) a 1958 Allis-Chalmers D17, My dad and a 1974 Gleaner F, and a 1952 Allis-Chalmers WD-45.

I would appreciate your vote before the polls close on December 17th. Help shine a light on an Indiana agriculture family by voting for your local candidate in this worldwide contest!

To vote:

1) Sign up for a Facebook account.

2) Go to www.facebook.com/AGCOcorp and “like” that page. (You must like the page to be able to “like” my picture.)

3) Click the “Photos” tab, and then enter the first album which is entitled “AGCO Holiday Photo Contest – Vote by 17 December” (or go straight to the album with this link: http://on.fb.me/PhotoVote).

4) Look for my picture, which is shown here in this post, and “like” it!

5) Tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment