Thursday, December 26, 2013

-7 Pounds in 3 Weeks...Merry Christmas to Me!

A few years back when I started running, I dropped a good amount of weight.  Though my focus was never about the weight, it was about being able to run without dying, which my 200+ pounds and I were able to do quite well…at my best I was able to do better than 10-minute/miles in my 5Ks!

Fast-forward to the past year or so, despite a routine workout schedule, I gained a few pounds and hit a plateau and was stalled out at about 217 for a LONG time.  I began using MyFitnessPal to closely monitor my daily caloric intake and burn.  After two months of tracking my calories, I was keeping within my daily calorie budget, but still was not losing weight.  It was becoming evident that my challenge was clearly the nutritional value of the calories I was consuming.

A few months ago I connected with an awesome and inspiring gal named Jessica, who just happens to be an Independent Team Beachbody Coach.  Jessica introduced me to Beachbody’s Shakeology nutritional products, and I decided that it was the right time for me to attempt to straighten out the nutritional aspects of my fitness journey with the help of Shakeology.  If I could simply replace my breakfast with a quick shake in the morning, and it would give me my “daily dose of dense nutrition” all in one glass, I figured it could be a simple fix for me!

Jessica sent me a sample, and I really paid attention to how I felt the day I tried it for breakfast.  Throughout the morning, I did not get my usual mid-morning craving that would usually result in a trip to the vending machine.  In addition to keeping me feeling full until my usual late lunchtime, I also noticed from that very first try that it kept my energy levels up throughout the morning and into the afternoon as well.  After that one sample, I decided to join TeamBeachbody and give Shakeology a thorough try!

I was 7 pounds lighter for Christmas! It's not too late to give yourself the gift of health & wellness!
Now I’m three weeks in to my daily Shakeology, the scale is hovering around the 210 mark today, I’m feeling good, and for the record, I’m super regular! (TMI?) :)  Now I grant you that the credit for my newfound weight-loss can’t be entirely attributed Shakeology, as in addition to working out regularly and tracking my calories, there are other things that happen when you start to see positive changes…you start to want to eat smarter, you don’t want to skip your workouts, and those sort of things just help accelerate the weight-loss process!  I’ll continue to post occasional updates here as I continue to use Shakeology…maybe in the next few weeks, I’ll finally get down to 199!! I can’t remember the last time I was in the 100s!

If you’re ready to make a positive change in your health and wellness, contact me (there's a contact form on the right side of my blog, or find me on Twitter or Facebook).  We’ll build you a Beachbody Challenge Pack with Shakeology and a fitness program that suits your needs (whether it be the all-new 30-minute workouts of P90X3, Tony Horton’s 10-Minute Trainer, Insanity, T25, or one of many more great workouts)…a complete nutritional and exercise package!  And we can even get you plugged into an online Facebook support group of other like-minded people to help hold you accountable and challenge you to work hard to reach your goals!  (Learn more about the Beachbody Challenge at www.beachbodycoach.com/joangrott.)


A little more about Shakeology:

Watch this video...it's amusing and informative:


Shakeology is a world of superfood nutrition in every glass!  It’s the most delicious, superfood-packed protein shake on the planet!  Shakeology truly is nutrition simplified, and makes you healthy from the inside out.  It can transform your health by helping:
  • Curb cravings for sugar and junk food
  • Promote healthy weight loss
  • Increase energy levels
  • Improve digestion and regularity
  • Support your immune system
  • Support cardiovascular health


No comments:

Post a Comment